- Turn Off the PowerTurn off the power to prevent the disposal from being turned accidentally on while you are cleaning, even though your hand shouldn't be near the grinding "teeth" at the bottom of the chamber. Unplug the disposal from the outlet under the sink, or turn off the disposal's breaker in your home's service panel (breaker box)
- Clean the BaffleApply dish soap to an abrasive sponge and scrub under the baffle—thoroughly—to get all into all of the folds and creases. Rinse the sponge frequently to remove all gunk.
- Clean the Grinding ChamberSwipe around the top of the grinding chamber. Again, rinse the sponge frequently. Repeat until the sponge pulls up no more gunk and the disposal surfaces feel clean.If you do nothing other than clean these two key areas, you'll probably be in great shape. But if you want to take one more step and freshen the disposal and drain pipe a bit while you're at it, then try one of the following cleaning tricks.
- Clean the Drain (Optional)How to Clean a Disposal With Baking Soda and Vinegar
Homemade disposal and drain cleaner made with baking soda and vinegar can help to clean the chamber of the garbage disposal as well as the top of the drain pipe.
- Add the Baking Soda and VinegarPour 1/2 cup of baking soda into the garbage disposal, then slowly and carefully pour 1/2 cup of vinegar into the disposal.
- Cover the DrainPlace the sink stopper over the drain opening. The mixture of baking soda and vinegar will fizz up like a kids' science class volcano (it's the same "lava" mixture). The sink stopper traps the fizzing baking soda inside the disposal.
- Flush the DisposalWait a few minutes, then remove the stopper and flush the disposal with hot water while running the garbage disposal. If the sink has two basins, the cleaner will work best if both sides are cleaned at the same time. Use the same amounts of baking soda and vinegar in the other sink drain.
- Tel : 281-783-9408
- Link : https://pearlandtxplumbing.com/
- Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/PlumbingPearlandTX1/
#plumbing #plumber #water_heaters #bathroom_remodeling #tankless_water_heaters #leak_detection #drain_cleaning #shower_repair #boiler_repair #plumbing_contractor #emergency_plumber #water_heater_repair #shower_installation #water_heater_installation #sewer_repair #commercial_plumbing #commercial_plumber #repipe #backflow_testing #repiping #residential_plumbing #tankless_water_heater_installation #sump_pump_repair #residential_plumber #garbage_disposal_installation #water_softener_installation #pearland